COMPANY / CORONAVIRUS UPDATE – 14th September 2020
We hope you are all well and staying safe.
The business is back to full capacity with very strong customer demand and volumes. The Construction customers in particular are trying really hard to catch up with the volumes lost during lockdown and are pushing us really hard to make the extra effort to deliver additional loads. We are seeing other hauliers unable to cover these extra loads and this gives us an opportunity to stand out from the rest. As we said before, we are developing the ‘can do’ reputation in the industry and are standing out from the rest – we need to be positive, flexible, and carry on with that attitude to keep those new customers calling.
Good News stories –
• The average vehicle revenues and operational efficiency have remained high during the return to full fleet size. That is a credit to the Planning Teams and the Drivers, all playing a huge part in that. We desperately need to keep that intensity to make sure that the vehicles return the revenues required and appreciate the efforts by all.
• Keedwell Konnect has established itself within the Group, offering transport management services to the Group and a number of new customers. Dan and his teamwork with the Group and partner hauliers to manage high volume transport customers. The business is operating well and continues to grow.
• We have had more positive developments in Hensall & Haydock –
o The Hensall Operations team have moved offices to develop our Central Planning function, allowing us to rent out some office space and the smaller workshops. The recently built, large garage will be the focus for RTK fleet, alongside developing some outside work for the garage.
o Ian Parry has joined us in Haydock, to support Anthony with the Construction planning, and also to help develop the Haydock depot with regards to operation management, customer development etc.
• Jays are operating strongly this year with the Hinkley Point contract now at full capacity. It has taken its time to get there, but the team are running extremely well, and the service being given by the RTK Group is being considered by the main contractors for other high profile projects – HS2, Sizewell Power Station etc
• Keedwell Scotland are still expanding, with the new Grangemouth operation working well and growing. The Keedwell Scotland team are increasing our reputation in Scotland, with the capture of increasing business with major manufacturers. Scotland is a difficult area to capture business and the new business being generates adds strength to the Group network
• Our Carlisle operation are operating well with a concentrated fleet, with some dedicated sub-contractors on board. This is proving to be a solid decision, with increases in efficiency across the board. The challenge will be to remain at the same numbers with the Carlisle team always pushing for more trucks!
On a lighter note, we have had some success lately with driver entries into the Truck Shows. We have had some trophies coming back to start filling up the cabinet. Well done to everybody involved, it is really appreciated.
And, at last our refurbished V8 Is back on the road, earning its keep again, Ray had a soft spot for the Scania V8 and this was the last one we bought for Bill 16 years ago 2.5million Kilometres on the clock! Adrian is now using it on nights, and it will eventually end up in our Heritage Collection.
Remember – Covid is still here -stay safe!